A timeless, classic singer-songwriter with a twist of surrealism
Thanks for visiting Lamontations!
I’m Norman Lamont, a singer-songwriter living in Scotland, just outside Edinburgh.
This site holds my songs and albums, of course, but also articles about the artists who inspired me – many of them from the UK folk/rock/psychedelic scene of the early 1970. If you came here to read about one of those artists, then I hope you might find my music appeals to you too.
As well as songs you can try my instrumentals, inspired by Fripp and Eno.
If you came to find out more about me and hear my stuff, scroll on down.
Norman is one of these performers that offers up something a little quirkier than the normal singer/songwriter stuff… a few yarns about things you’d never think to write about, a few animal puns, and a healthy dose of not taking yourself too seriously, mixed with a deep Cohen-esque vocal and some super catchy hooks.’
A taster …
Get an album FREE!
My 2018 album with the Heaven Sent has my most popular songs. You can have it free with all sorts of extras like lyrics, guitar chords and making-of videos.
- Heaven Sent album – latest previews
- New song: The Prophet
- The Twilight Show compendium
- Note to Self – a song I wasn’t expecting
- Ms Fi and the Lost Headband – Sunday
- Andrew Ferguson: I Still Believe
- The Twilight Show – Best of the Blues
- Film music exercise – the Scottish Parliament
- Interview by Helen St Helen