Clive Shepherd has invited me to take on this meme of eight random facts.
- Post these rules before you give your facts.
- List 8 random facts about yourself.
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here they are:
- I can’t ride a bike.
- I once had a Supercar pilot’s licence signed by Mike Mercury, convincing me that the puppet show Supercar was based on real people.
- I was briefly detained in an Egyptian army camp in the desert.
- I have webbed feet but am a crap swimmer.
- I have mingled with rock superstardom: I tripped over a member of the Kinks (not Ray) who was drunk and comatose after a gig at Edinburgh University.
- I come from Ayr ‘Wham ne’er a toun surpasses, for honest men and bonnie lassies’ (Burns)
- I was adopted at birth and now have good relationships with both my birth parents.
- I’ve never been Chancellor of the Exchequer. It was just a collective delusion.