The nicest moment, however, was while the mic was getting set up I crooned ‘Moonlight Bay’, an old music-hall song I learned from my parents or grandmother. At the far end of the pub I could see a white-haired elderly lady quietly singing along. So that could potentially be my audience (and I don’t mind at all!).
Just for the record I then played:
- When I Came Home from Egypt
- I Started a Fire (new song)
- Dark End of the Street (soul song covered by Richard and Linda Thompson and the Commitments)
- Beggar of Love (with Polly on harmony)
- Bells Are Ringing (new song)
- Tears of a Clown
- Ballad of Bob Dylan
Free to download - Stories My Killer Told Me: Five surreal story-songs from my Edinburgh Fringe show.
- I Am Not The One For You
- The Ever Open Door
- New Eyes
- A Forest Trail in Autumn
- The Portobello Slam
Just let me send you an occasional email!