I haven’t been able to make much progress with the chimera known as my songsmith career recently due to working three or four seven-day weeks in a row, but that should be over soon.
In the meantime:
– a new band in the making with Mary Robbs (violin), Jim Whyte (bass and keyboard), Sam Barber (percussion) and Alasdair Clarke (bass and Warr Guitar – what’s that? come and see us to find out) The Invisible Helpers are among you!
– appearing with Nelson Wright for part of his headline spot at The Listening Room yesterday (9th) in an enjoyable not-quite-the-Wright-Brothers-reunion
– playing WaveForms at the wedding of John and Ali Impossible Songs on Sat 15th!!
– making histrionic guitar noises with Bespoke at Henry’s Cellar Bar on 19th – Portishead meets King Crimson! www.reverbnation.com/bespoke
– sharing the bill with Sam Barber, Townhouse and Ms Fi and the Thomboys (yes I am a Thomboy and I don’t care who knows it!) at the Forest Cafe on 21st
– headline spot with the new band at The Listening Room, Blue Blazer on Sunday 30th.
Free to download - Stories My Killer Told Me: Five surreal story-songs from my Edinburgh Fringe show.
- I Am Not The One For You
- The Ever Open Door
- New Eyes
- A Forest Trail in Autumn
- The Portobello Slam
Just let me send you an occasional email!