Spent an enjoyable six hours at Tollbooth Studio in Stirling mastering the album. The engineer, Mark, was friendly and organised and had the right balance of attention to detail and not locking down the rough edges of the music. The sequence I’d settled on seemed to flow well when the volumes, beginnings and endings had been worked out. I also learned something about Cubase and some useful plugins and concepts. I now have to listen to it on different speakers for a week or so; the only vexed point is whether a ‘novelty’ treatment we applied to one song is just right or too much. I’m happy that the last minute cuts I made in two songs (see the last post – I came back with my axe!) were the right thing to do. All going well we should be ready to roll at the beginning of October!