I make a point of not planning what I’m going to write here until my cursor has arrived in the input box. In doing this blog I’m influenced by, but not a strict follower of, the journal practice in Guitar Craft. The first statement there of the practice is:
- To engage the listening community at an earlier stage of the creative process than is commonly available.
- To inform the listening community of the practicalities of that process.
- To de-mystify the process which is, essentially, practical.
- To encourage the Diarist to recapitulate their experience.
- To provide the Diarist with a pointed stick.
- To expose the Diarist to public ridicule.